I'm writing in English, which is strange in itself since I really love my own language, Finnish, and since I detest the power position that the English language has in global communucation... but I'd get way too many complaints from American friends if I didn't write in a language comprehensible to them.

Mar 21, 2010

22 votes?

I'm impressed. When I started the blog I thought that I could just bury it if it seems too tiresome, but with these scores of people I might have to keep it up for a while.

I didn't make a question about whether I should write more about interesting stuff like babies. But fortunately there are enough baby- and family related blogs in the world. Sometimes I just press the "next blog" button and check what comes up. Children and families, every time. Maybe because everyone moves so much that their loved ones and friends can't keep up any other way?

Since shorter blogs were asked I'll do this supershort. But as a last random question for the beginning of this week (for anyone who wants to sit and think): does Santa Claus really exist? I say he does. Do myths exist? I say they do.

3 comments:

  1. Nice Post. This is my favorite post so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. to me, santa claus is an institution of lie-based parenting more than a myth. also, why let fat, silly strangers in your home? that's how i've felt about santa claus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! But Heli, you were seriously afraid of Santa as a kid, whereas our Santa was a bit familiar but not so much we could figure who it was (since he was the dad of a neighbour - they'd change and my dad went there). I think Santa is a good myth.

    Mom, does Santa exist? Of course he does, dear. He's a myth that we all work with - how could he not exist? What's a myth mom? Ask your dad and he'll read from Roland Barthes' Mythologies.

    ReplyDelete